Sunday, May 12, 2019

MINDFULNESS



...be tolerant with others and strict with yourself...
~Marcus Aurelius~



meditation means different things to each of us
there are many ways in which to meditate and we all have a method/technique personal to each of us...whether it's five minutes or longer, the aim is about clearing the mind and becoming emotionally calm, reducing stress, anxiety, depression and pain

to be present, fully present in the NOW

for me, my 'picture walks' are my meditation and I like to do these (when schedule allows) early in the morning, ideally upon rising, when the birds are in full swing, the dawn chorus filling the air and the sun, making its way from the horizon to the sky





to find that sense of balance, you need to pause, to not let time pass unseen, to focus on the present, to be present in the NOW





tasting the salt on the breeze, the morning sun kissing all it touches and feeling its warmth on my skin, knowing I'm getting my vitamin D allowance without overheating in the hot sun later in the day



lichen formation in the shape of heart

these picture walks are very healing, being at one with my senses, they make me feel alive again and ready to take on whatever may come...

at the end of my walk I sit and breathe, really feeling the rise and fall of my chest, just resting in the stillness of the morning...breathe, it has the power of peace


till next time

MelXO

No comments:

Post a Comment